Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 4 Growth Mindset: Sharing With Others

This week I was talking about this class to some of my friends. After describing the class and talking about what I do for the class, they were very intrigued. I got out my computer and let them read my blog posts and some of the other really great ones I have read. After that I let them look at the online UnTextbook and they enjoyed browsing through a bunch of the units. We talked about a few fables and fairy tales that we all enjoy and talked about where they might have originated from. It was a great way to include my friends into what I am learning in class. I shared with them my class and they shared their favorite stories with me! Who knows, they might even take this class next semester!
Friends Wikimedia

3 comments:

  1. It's really cool that you shared the growth mindset idea with your friends! I should do this too especially with my friends who are stressing about school. Your storytelling was based off of friendship and now your growth mindset post is about friends as well! Sometimes we take them for granted, but it's really great having friends isn't it? Hope this was a good week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire! I love that you showed your friends your blog and the online UnTextbook. I too have tried explaining this class to them, but it’s really difficult to explain unless you see it for yourself! My friends and I talk about what’s going on in each other’s classes too. It’s a good way to keep up and see what everyone is up to in their busy lives! I actually think a few of my friends are taking this class next semester too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also had a fun time telling my friends about this class! I have a few friends (and my mom) who try to keep up with the stories I write, but as the semester has gotten busier most people just try to keep their head down and keep doing their own work! I actually think that reading blogs and other things outside of class is a great way to practice growth mindset.

    ReplyDelete